Copy of Post in the Knight's Forum: Election of Knights as Advisory Council

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291850 by Avalon

Connor L. wrote: You must elect Reacher to the Council. He is one of the few Jedi I respect on every single level (mental, physical, spiritual, and everything in between).

I can totally get behind Reacher. 100%

I would totally get behind Steam too, 100%. Unfortunately, he's an initiate and not an apprentice :dry: Sorry, Goken :(

For the knights, if it counts, my votes would be Kit, Senan, tzb, and V-tog

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291851 by
The OP has been updated with instructions on how to vote:

Br. John wrote: Voting (Knights and Above ONLY)

How and when to vote. Dates and time are UTC https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

From Friday July 28, 2017 00:00:00 through Sunday July 30, 2017 23:59:59 you may vote. The vote must be in a PM sent to Br. John, Ren and Rosalyn J . Best to make us all friends or contacts in the PM system or you will not be able to send the PM to all three of us at once. It's one PM sent to three people. Not separate PM's. Each of us will calculate the votes then compare our numbers to make sure of accuracy and validity.

The subject should be VOTE and you'll list your four choices. You may vote for yourself (there's nothing wrong with that). You may vote for any knight or senior knight even if they are not nominated (a write in vote).

We don't know who will select the apprentice. We'll probably have a conference with all knights with apprentices and work it out. We will let you know as soon as we know.

Questions?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291858 by

Avalonslight wrote:
I would totally get behind Steam too, 100%. Unfortunately, he's an initiate and not an apprentice :dry: Sorry, Goken

I'm just getting these wrong left and right today.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291863 by

More
6 years 8 months ago #291864 by Avalon

Goken wrote:

Avalonslight wrote:
I would totally get behind Steam too, 100%. Unfortunately, he's an initiate and not an apprentice :dry: Sorry, Goken

:(

I sowwy :(

And thanks for the update, Atticus. Hopefully the input of those of us who have been participating in this thread will be taken into consideration by the Knights voting. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291867 by

Goken wrote:

Avalonslight wrote:

While I do not know any details, Steam has been an Apprentice, and it sounds from cryptic things I have read here and there that the Force may work to make it so again. I understand the motivation for setting that qualification for a seat on the advisory council. But when I consider the only point of difference between an Initiate and an Apprentice is a currently-active master-student relationship, it seems like it might be rather a technical point. Especially when you consider Steam's long journey here and his undeniable commitment to this Temple.

This is not to denigrate any other candidate whatsoever, nor to advocate throwing the rules out the window. I would just prefer we did not write off a valuable voice on such a technical point without at least giving the question some consideration.

EDIT: And by "we" in that last sentence, I mean the people who are actually going to select the "Apprentice" who shall serve. Which people does not include me. ;)
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291872 by Avalon
I would concur, Atticus. Given the fact that he's held an active apprenticeship in the past, and his time and commitment to the site, he ought to at least have a shot. It is my hope that if the apprentice position is ultimately decided upon by the knights, they give him equal due consideration as the other apprentices mentioned thus far.

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, Kit, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291880 by
I understand that Kyrin Wyldstar is in a similar position in that she has been awarded the ADiv degree and continues working on assignments, but the TM relationship she had has since been dissolved. We will likely need to make some exceptions, so long as they are agreed upon by the majority of those actually involved in nominating and voting agree. I would hate to see committed and valuable members excluded strictly based on a technicality. After all, the whole point of this is to be more inclusive.

More
6 years 8 months ago #291898 by MadHatter
I have just found a flaw in this system. If the positions are for life/as long as you wish to keep them. Then the Apprentice spot provides an ever growing board that is not sustainable. You see if the Apprentice does not lose their spot on the board when they are Knighted that means with each new Knighted Apprentice spot the board will grow and continue to grow.
My suggestion is to make the Apprentice spot rotational as people are Knighted. That way the board keeps at least one spot of continual fresh eyes. Yes this means once the Apprentice is Knighted they will be off the board but there really is no better fix that I see. It might sting a bit but the board cannot be ever growing and a continual set of fresh eyes will be a benefit

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Reacher, Kit, Avalon, , Zenchi,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291899 by
^ A benefit of this approach would be people who are experienced on Council would be available, should someone step down. I'm not suggesting it should be an auto promotion and people should certainly be recruited on merit whenever needed... just that it spreads the experience around rather more.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi