Texas Massacre and 214 other mass shootings in 2022

More
30 May 2022 04:30 #368373 by Whyte Horse
I'll defer to the news to bring you up to speed on whats been happening, but from where I sit, we have a bunch of men and young boys becoming monsters and turning on society. Forget the type of weapon, the location, the numbers killed. It's always the same. Usually it's a lack of fathers emotionally/physically available, aggravated by bullying, and a complete degradation and emasculation of men by a gynocentric society that treats men like crap all their lives.

I was down the street from Columbine when it happened. This was a total repeat. Down to every detail including the cops sitting outside for an hour because they might get hurt saving lives. I was nearly a school shooter a few years before that. I know exactly why these boys and men are killing everyone they can before deleting themselves. So do a lot of other men. For some reason this Texas massacre really brought a lot of men out of the woodwork and they are speaking. You can go read the 2000+ comments on this video addressing it if you want


I decided to bring this up in the Jedi forums because I do a lot of work in the male space redirecting these guys and giving support and I think it's the biggest issue of our time. It would be great if we could get a task force together and fix this. It's way beyond what I as a single Jedi can accomplish. It's probably way beyond what the entire temple is capable of but this is the only place I can come and it's a start. We can head this off if we get to these boys early. Give them an out... another way. I'm just overwhelmed at this point. There are just too many of them for me to respond to.

The Jedi path doesn't have to be a ridiculous fiction fantasy subscribed to by nerds. It can be used to transform boys into men through combat training, fitness, stoicism, etc. The types of things that are missing when a strong father isn't present. The sort of stuff the boy scouts used to provide until they started molesting boys and went bankrupt from the lawsuits.

Anyway, don't kill the messenger. I just work here. Reporting the facts.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Diana W, Vincent Causse

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2022 04:58 #368374 by Zero
Personally, I think your onto something. I think it comes down to a parenting and culture problem. When I was growing up, I wouldn’t dare go anywhere near my fathers firearms. He was military like myself and the repercussions of going near a fire arm without his expressed consent and supervision would have been severe. Todays kids don’t have that. The closest I’ve seen to justice over one of these shootings was last year in Michigan when the shooters parents were arrested and charged. The consequences for gun crimes in this country arnt severe enough to provide an adequate deterrent.

I’m very pro second amendment. But gun owners need to be responsible both for their actions, and what their weapons are used for. weapon safes are fairly cheap and would prevent a great percentage of these incidents. General firearm safety instruction goes along way too. Things like removing firing pins and storing them separately should be more of a common practice as well. Just my two cents.

Zero
Senior Knight of the Order
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Security Officer
Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / Degree / Personal
My Apprentices: Tannis Yarl, Leah Starspectre
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria
” Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2022 05:37 - 30 May 2022 05:38 #368375 by Whyte Horse

Zero wrote: Personally, I think your onto something. I think it comes down to a parenting and culture problem. When I was growing up, I wouldn’t dare go anywhere near my fathers firearms. He was military like myself and the repercussions of going near a fire arm without his expressed consent and supervision would have been severe. Todays kids don’t have that. The closest I’ve seen to justice over one of these shootings was last year in Michigan when the shooters parents were arrested and charged. The consequences for gun crimes in this country arnt severe enough to provide an adequate deterrent.

I’m very pro second amendment. But gun owners need to be responsible both for their actions, and what their weapons are used for. weapon safes are fairly cheap and would prevent a great percentage of these incidents. General firearm safety instruction goes along way too. Things like removing firing pins and storing them separately should be more of a common practice as well. Just my two cents.

So we agree it is a parenting and culture problem. You and I had dads. These shooters didn't. We had hunter's safety classes. We had protectors. Changing the laws won't change the training that dads give to their sons. The Texas massacre was not a result of reckless handling of firearms by a parent. The boy was 18 and bought the guns legally. We need to get to these boys way before that. Usually a dad would do that but he just had a grandma and absentee father and single mother. Boy scouts and big brothers are not out there doing it. We need some kind of community outreach for these boys.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
Last edit: 30 May 2022 05:38 by Whyte Horse.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2022 06:03 - 30 May 2022 06:07 #368377 by Zero
The one thing I will add is that I don’t think this is a gender issue. A mom can fill that same role. It’s definitely more about the mindset of the parent than the gender. My grandmother could tag a Pepsi can at 150 yards with open sites on a .308. She’s the reason I was on the army marksmanship team, all due to skills I learned from her. And if I’m being honest, she taught me more about being a man than anyone. So I’ll reiterate, it’s not about the gender, it’s about the mindset.

Zero
Senior Knight of the Order
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Security Officer
Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / Degree / Personal
My Apprentices: Tannis Yarl, Leah Starspectre
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria
” Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

Last edit: 30 May 2022 06:07 by Zero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Rex, Diana W, River

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2022 17:43 #368388 by Morivou
Aye, I will third the parenting and upbringing aspect of your argument. When children are brought up in tight-knot communities with excellent guidance, the threat of intratribal violence is greatly reduced.

I’m not certain the whole of the Jedi combined could make a dent in this societal shortcoming. I fear we may be too far off the path.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2022 00:44 #368405 by Whyte Horse

Morivou wrote: Aye, I will third the parenting and upbringing aspect of your argument. When children are brought up in tight-knot communities with excellent guidance, the threat of intratribal violence is greatly reduced.

I’m not certain the whole of the Jedi combined could make a dent in this societal shortcoming. I fear we may be too far off the path.

I just came across this African proverb: "The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth."

I don't know how this can be tackled other than creating an awareness so large that it permeates society. We need to refocus the narrative.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana W

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2022 01:32 #368406 by Zero

Whyte Horse wrote:

Morivou wrote: Aye, I will third the parenting and upbringing aspect of your argument. When children are brought up in tight-knot communities with excellent guidance, the threat of intratribal violence is greatly reduced.

I’m not certain the whole of the Jedi combined could make a dent in this societal shortcoming. I fear we may be too far off the path.

I just came across this African proverb: "The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth."

I don't know how this can be tackled other than creating an awareness so large that it permeates society. We need to refocus the narrative.


Well said

Zero
Senior Knight of the Order
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Security Officer
Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / Degree / Personal
My Apprentices: Tannis Yarl, Leah Starspectre
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria
” Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2022 02:26 #368407 by Whyte Horse

Zero wrote: The one thing I will add is that I don’t think this is a gender issue. A mom can fill that same role. It’s definitely more about the mindset of the parent than the gender. My grandmother could tag a Pepsi can at 150 yards with open sites on a .308. She’s the reason I was on the army marksmanship team, all due to skills I learned from her. And if I’m being honest, she taught me more about being a man than anyone. So I’ll reiterate, it’s not about the gender, it’s about the mindset.

I don't think equalism will be useful here. It's actually the root of the problem. That's the fundamental flawed premise that got us to where we are today. You start by saying men=women and then use social constructionism to create an artificial society. Next thing you know you're ignoring reality to try to accommodate a false belief system. Like we literally are trying to come up with some kind of fake reason why these mass shootings are happening over and over but the numbers clearly show it is due to fatherless homes most of the time.

Making single mothers into masculine role models isn't going to have the results we would think it would have because men and women are not the same. It will just have more unintended consequences. Maybe we'll have a bunch of female school shooters because their mothers weren't in touch with their feminine side and taught them to be crappy versions of males so they get bullied by girls and rejected by boys. Then we'll have to force boys to date masculine girls to solve the problem. Then that will require feminized submissive males and they'll get bullied by other boys and rejected by girls. We can't force girls to like feminized, submissive boys because that would go against the feminine imperative. So then we tell boys they need to "man up" and be masculine feminized submissive men.

We also don't want to fall into the apex fallacy. What may be true for one woman like your grandmother may not apply generally to all women. My wife can't even hold my rifle, let alone raise my boys to become men. I've actually had to stop her several times from giving them horrible advice that would work for girls but not boys because she doesn't know anything about being a man. This is pretty typical of most women and my guess is it's true for the mothers of these mass shooters. It would also be unbelievably cruel to put that responsibility on a woman.

I'm not saying I have all the answers but mark my words, after having lived through almost ALL of the school shootings and connecting the dots, it's time for us to solve the problem. We've done the assault rifle bans, the high capacity clip bans, concealed carry, securitized schools, cops in schools, etc. Everything but address the root cause. This ridiculous idea that boys don't need fathers because women don't need men. The rate of violent teenage crime corresponds with the number of families abandoned by fathers. It's a perpetual cycle that ultimately ends up with a society like El Salvador where 85% of homes are single mothers and violence is the plate du jour.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2022 03:01 - 31 May 2022 03:02 #368409 by River
I have a lot of thoughts which I need to consider further before I try to express.
Can you explain to me the correlation here though, cause I am not getting it:

"My wife can't even hold my rifle, let alone raise my boys to become men."
Last edit: 31 May 2022 03:02 by River.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2022 03:26 - 31 May 2022 03:29 #368410 by Alethea Thompson
Because ISIL, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram, land several other male dominated terrorists organizations don’t exist and have women around to help them raise young boys to be murders.

Your statistics mean very little in the face of thousands of years of human history- or are we just going to ignore that humanity has this deeply ingrained need to fight for something even when in a time of peace?

Women aren’t necessarily innocent in these things either- there are women who use their political talents to win over young people to the cause of terrorism and perpetuate the cause. Not opressed women, these women -want- to be part of the cause. Case in point- www.cfr.org/report/women-and-terrorism

This is simply a human problem. When violence runs rampant around the world when “strong father figures” exist, then trying to pin the issue on males abandoning their children or women for not being enough for their children is nothing more than a way to cope with a problem you have no solutions for.

Btw, did you know there are gangs around the world which indoctrinate their children into the gang? Those families also tend to have both parents present too!

Violence isn’t a simple subject. Look around the world and you can see it’s not so simple as “fatherlessness”. America ain’t the only country with problems- it’s just the one that gets in the news the most.

Seriously, you think Hitler’s soldiers, or the soldiers currently committing war crimes in Ukraine or the men that were largely responsible for the the Rwandan genocide mostly came from Fatherless homes? Give me a break.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 31 May 2022 03:29 by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skryym, Zero, River

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero