Meditations

More
26 Dec 2020 08:37 - 26 Dec 2020 08:48 #357156 by Namara
Meditations was created by Namara
Hey ya!

This topic is not about meditating in its first meaning, it's about discussing with self.

I find this process to be fruitful, and we all can record some of these here so everyone can share their opinions or just discuss them with themselves.

I'm going to start with mine:

Today I woke up at 7 am. I slept yesterday at 5 am, and I'm trying to fix my sleep routine. So, with all these ups and downs, I thought this: Animals delay their sleep only when they're in a dangerous situation as far as I know (and preys are always in danger actually). But we do it almost every day arbitrarily. Even though we share similar hormonal/neural mechanisms with others, we choose to disobey. Does this mean we're under stress since using light in nights is common? Or are we addicted to some of our activities so we can't stop them and go to sleep? Maybe we have the ambition to surpass our daily limits? Or we're living an unbalanced life, obviously, and this creates so much stress that we're unable to sleep regularly, just like an animal in high danger. Or maybe animals actually delay on a regular base too and we think it's their routine.

This will be all for now.

By action, we live.
By service, we rise.
By greed, we fall,
By judging, be judged.
Last edit: 26 Dec 2020 08:48 by Namara.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2021 13:45 #357443 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Meditations
I actually have had a lot of sleep problems, due to having nightmares and such. Relatively recently I was finally given a medication to help that. I have finally been sleeping well for the first time in 20 years.

Because of that, I don't force myself to go to bed or wake up at a certain hour (I have that luxury only because I'm unable to work). But the reason I've brought all this up is because I agree that I don't think we humans were meant to restrict our amount of sleep, except if we were in danger, as you mentioned. My experience of not having a job and being able to sleep when I want has opened my eyes (no pun intended) to the idea that simply sleeping when we need it is one of the things that modern society has taken away from us. Sleep deprivation leads to stress, depression, etc.

I don't have a solution to this, but maybe some day we'll figure out a way for people to get the sleep they need and still fulfill their responsibilities.

There is a fine line between insight and insanity. —me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Namara

More
05 Jan 2021 22:48 - 05 Jan 2021 23:14 #357447 by Ambert The Traveller
Replied by Ambert The Traveller on topic Meditations
There is a good guided meditation that helps falling asleep without thinking a lot:

Jody Whitley Guided Sleep Meditation

This one works quite well for me. I was also surprised to wake up much more fresh and relaxed in the morning.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2021 23:14 by Ambert The Traveller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Namara

More
09 Jan 2021 09:31 - 09 Jan 2021 09:33 #357571 by Namara
Replied by Namara on topic Meditations
Thank you both for your contributions, sorry for I've just seen it now. Let's add some more to my thoughts: Because I'm unemployed, I've been able to rearrange my whole sleeping pattern. Now I get up between 7 and 8 am and go to bed between 11 pm and 12 am. I also started to exercise yoga, not in a meditational way - just some stretches and poses. It awakens the body and helps with my joint problems. I feel more energetic and less depressive, yet I couldn't start to operate better in my daily tasks. I'm in an identity crisis, which brings us to my next meditation:

It is really interesting to experience that even the most basic form of love (parental love) consists of some structural contents. No parent can love their child in the same way they love the other. Strength of the bond is really high in both of them, but they take their basis from many different things when you leave the parenthood thing away. It's only natural, of course, but I was inclined to think that parents only love because they're parents. But it's also about compassion, the resemblance of self, reactions, expectations and etc. because different children need different types of emotional supports, and it builds the child-parent relationship in many differing ways. So I guess many of us will always be judging their parents regardless of their good behaviours, and many of our parents will judge our actions regardless of how good people we are. Sometimes the best thing you can give to another won't do any good for them, and you'll feel unqualified, and it'll feel much worse if that person is close to you. Remember, you don't need to be compatible completely to stay close. No two people are completely compatible. Just try to stay aware of your ability to hurt others and keep a cool head.

Yep, it was a note for myself.

By action, we live.
By service, we rise.
By greed, we fall,
By judging, be judged.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2021 09:33 by Namara.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kira

Moderators: KobosBrickZero