The Podcast Bank

More
03 Sep 2019 16:34 #343152 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The Podcast Bank
One of Tom's best podcasts to date imo. A word of caution, they do discuss the consumption of drugs for therapeutic use. and there's adult language.

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2019 20:17 - 08 Sep 2019 20:18 #343450 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The Podcast Bank
More Silva goodness...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 08 Sep 2019 20:18 by Zenchi.

More
07 Apr 2021 17:28 #359439 by Skryym
Replied by Skryym on topic The Podcast Bank
Wow... it's been a long time this thread has been updated but it is a goldmine... I've been working through them slowly throughout my apprenticeship.

I've got a few recommendations of my own:

Personality and Archetypal Phycology

• Actualized podcast with Leo Gura. Leo has some of the most accessible information on spiral dynamics. Great delivery and somewhat relatable. He is a bit of a controversial figure and he goes off the deep end in his newer podcasts - so listen at your own risk.

• Personaity Hacker Podcast with Joe Mark Whit and Antonia Dodge. This husband-and-wife couple explore different elements of human psychology in the light of the Myers Briggs personality test. The community is very active and they are very interested in understanding the self and cognitive functions.

• Abrahamic spirituality and mysticism

Another name for everything with Fr. Richard Rohr, Brie Stoner, and Paul Swanson. I HIGHLY recommend this podcast for anyone struggling to reconcile their Christian heritage with a more progressive or oriental take on religion. Richard Rohr is a Franciscan priest (and mystic) who is reinterpreting Christ in the light of nonduality through the reference of mystics from Asian and European religious backgrounds.

Turning to the Mystics with Jim Finley and Kristin Oats. This is the sister podcast to Another Name for Everything. Both are produced by the Center for Action and Contemplation. This is a much more focused podcast; it exclusively talks references the works of different mystics. Each episode ends with a guided meditation focused on the selected work of a respective mystic. It's great material, but I cannot listen to it casually. I usually have to set aside a quiet time of day to listen to the podcast while walking or sitting on my bed

There is no bad weather, only bad attitudes and bad attire. - Gandalf the Grey
    TM: Loudzoo
    Skryym's Novice Journal | Meditation Journal | Apprentice Journal

More
    08 Apr 2021 07:13 #359463 by Nicole Judge
    Replied by Nicole Judge on topic The Podcast Bank
    Yay, I completely missed this thread!

Let me add something more 'crude':

hiddenbrain.org

They have a podcast that focuses on human behavior. I've listened to a few episodes and they uncover patterns in us that many times we aren't even aware of. It's very lighthearted, too. The episode list on audible is here .

~ may the Force guide us ~
    the root source of suffering is an ignorance of ourselves

Teaching Masters: V-Tog, tzb, Darren
    Apprentices: yet to come...

Moderators: KobosBrickZero