Political Revolution

  • Kyrin Wyldstar
  • Kyrin Wyldstar's Avatar
  • Guest
02 Sep 2016 01:46 #255389 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic Political Revolution

OB1Shinobi wrote: a friendly curiosity: how old where you when reagan was president?


I graduated high school in 1983 if that gets you close enough?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Silas Mercury
  • Silas Mercury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
02 Sep 2016 07:14 #255407 by Silas Mercury
Replied by Silas Mercury on topic Political Revolution

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Trump for president. May he reign long and gloriously! Just my "peaceful" contribution.


You're crazy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Silas Mercury
  • Silas Mercury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
02 Sep 2016 07:15 #255408 by Silas Mercury
Replied by Silas Mercury on topic Political Revolution

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: I'd just like to say on behalf of all socialists in Britain, over here we are still feeling the Bern !!! I ask you, my brothers and sisters, to rage against the machine !! Stick it to the man !! Continue the political revolution !!! In the name of Bernie Sanders, one day the Earth will be a peaceful place !! Peace, love and light !!


I'll do what you ask happily if you shorten you're damned page-and-a-half-of-scrolling signature.


Hahaha, I'd love to Snowy I really would. But it is my personal code by which I live my life.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Kyrin Wyldstar
  • Kyrin Wyldstar's Avatar
  • Guest
02 Sep 2016 15:28 #255474 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic Political Revolution

Silas Mercury wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Trump for president. May he reign long and gloriously! Just my "peaceful" contribution.


You're crazy.


Sure... But that's besides the point that you are not only advocating, but begging to be in the front of the line, to less individual rights and freedoms, Big brother govt that controls your every move, skyrocketing taxes, the stifling of productivity and the economy, loss of incentive for new business or innovation in new ideas or healthy competition to keep prices down, loss of workforce due to deceasing work ethic, loss of will and incentive to produce and eventual economy collapse. You have so bought into the lie of guaranteed "free stuff" that you are happily being led to slaughter like the lazy sheep loudly bleating about his self entitlement the entire way.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Snowy Aftermath
  • Snowy Aftermath's Avatar
  • Guest
02 Sep 2016 17:32 - 02 Sep 2016 17:33 #255520 by Snowy Aftermath
Replied by Snowy Aftermath on topic Political Revolution

Silas Mercury wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: I'd just like to say on behalf of all socialists in Britain, over here we are still feeling the Bern !!! I ask you, my brothers and sisters, to rage against the machine !! Stick it to the man !! Continue the political revolution !!! In the name of Bernie Sanders, one day the Earth will be a peaceful place !! Peace, love and light !!


I'll do what you ask happily if you shorten you're damned page-and-a-half-of-scrolling signature.


Hahaha, I'd love to Snowy I really would. But it is my personal code by which I live my life.


The longer you're here, the more I'm convinced. I'll leave it to you to imagine what of.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2016 17:33 by Snowy Aftermath.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2016 17:40 - 02 Sep 2016 17:47 #255524 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Political Revolution

Silas Mercury wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote: I'd just like to say on behalf of all socialists in Britain, over here we are still feeling the Bern !!! I ask you, my brothers and sisters, to rage against the machine !! Stick it to the man !! Continue the political revolution !!! In the name of Bernie Sanders, one day the Earth will be a peaceful place !! Peace, love and light !!


I'll do what you ask happily if you shorten you're damned page-and-a-half-of-scrolling signature.


Hahaha, I'd love to Snowy I really would. But it is my personal code by which I live my life.


You could put it under a spoiler tag so it doesn't fill up the page. Then anyone who's curious could look without spamming every thread you post in with it haha

Edit: or as you have it now works too XD (sigs don't show up in Tapatalk ;) )
Last edit: 02 Sep 2016 17:47 by Kit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2016 21:32 #255571 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Political Revolution

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Silas Mercury wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Trump for president. May he reign long and gloriously! Just my "peaceful" contribution.


You're crazy.


Sure... But that's besides the point that you are not only advocating, but begging to be in the front of the line, to less individual rights and freedoms, Big brother govt that controls your every move, skyrocketing taxes, the stifling of productivity and the economy, loss of incentive for new business or innovation in new ideas or healthy competition to keep prices down, loss of workforce due to deceasing work ethic, loss of will and incentive to produce and eventual economy collapse. You have so bought into the lie of guaranteed "free stuff" that you are happily being led to slaughter like the lazy sheep loudly bleating about his self entitlement the entire way.

You know, I was going to say that it was somewhat hypocritical of Silas to first cry out in enthusiasm for a candidate of a different country than the one being addressed, and one who is long gone and arguably never really stood that much of a chance to begin with (and with rhetoric so colourful that it almost had me a Soviet march song in the background), yet at the same time to call you crazy for expressing mildly positive expectation about a candidate who became popular for very comparable reasons (that is, seeming mostly unfiltered, at least in the beginning). I also thought you were being facetious, considering that presidential terms are limited in length and power so that no president either "reigns" or does so for an arbitrarily long time the way an emperor would.

But now I'm really not that sure what it is you are arguing for or indeed against. Would you kindly cite something in this thread that sounds to you like anyone was in favour of either social or economical totalitarianism? This seems to me so far like an inaccurate characterization of any position thus voiced. I would call it a caricature if it exaggerated some genuine kernel expressed by your opponent, but as it stands this is far more like a straw man...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Kyrin Wyldstar
  • Kyrin Wyldstar's Avatar
  • Guest
02 Sep 2016 23:39 #255585 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic Political Revolution

Gisteron wrote: You know, I was going to say that it was somewhat hypocritical of Silas to first cry out in enthusiasm for a candidate of a different country than the one being addressed, and one who is long gone and arguably never really stood that much of a chance to begin with (and with rhetoric so colourful that it almost had me a Soviet march song in the background), yet at the same time to call you crazy for expressing mildly positive expectation about a candidate who became popular for very comparable reasons (that is, seeming mostly unfiltered, at least in the beginning). I also thought you were being facetious, considering that presidential terms are limited in length and power so that no president either "reigns" or does so for an arbitrarily long time the way an emperor would.

But now I'm really not that sure what it is you are arguing for or indeed against. Would you kindly cite something in this thread that sounds to you like anyone was in favour of either social or economical totalitarianism? This seems to me so far like an inaccurate characterization of any position thus voiced. I would call it a caricature if it exaggerated some genuine kernel expressed by your opponent, but as it stands this is far more like a straw man...


While my original post was along the lines of facetiousness as much as was possible I think the original post is one of radical revolution and totalitarian fascist mentality not unlike Lennon, Stalin, Mussolini, or even the mighty Hitler himself. It was his flippant response to my cynical comment that facilitated my latest response that was flavored in the extreme towards totalitarianism at its ultimate incarnation. Nonetheless any employment of radically socialist paradigms undoubtedly and historically ends in disaster and so my post was in pervasive demonstration of that point. In fact any demonstration of absolute authoritarianism towards any extreme results in the same.


Silas wrote: to rage against the machine !!

Stick it to the man !!

Continue the political revolution !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2016 07:42 #255623 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Political Revolution
I agree that some of the rhetoric in the OP sounded rather radical. I just don't see how it sounds totalitarian. If anything, it sounds revolutionary, anarchic, if you will. None of it says anything about individual rights or freedoms or taxation or a centralized state-run economy. Where is this promotion of any extreme socialist policy?
Honestly, "sounds like Hitler (or what ever monster of the week you pick) to me" is a fallacious argument to begin with, and in my opinion also a rather cheap attack, but if the person attacked doesn't even appear to have much in common with the reference, what to even make of that? This is what I meant earlier. If at least there was a kernel of commonality there, something said that one could blow out of proportion and into the shape of a dictator, we might call it a caricature. But absent that, how is this not a straw man? Hence my query for a citation of "something in this thread that sounds to you like anyone was in favour of either social or economical totalitarianism", if you please.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Silas Mercury
  • Silas Mercury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
03 Sep 2016 07:45 - 03 Sep 2016 07:58 #255624 by Silas Mercury
Replied by Silas Mercury on topic Political Revolution
I have no problem being compared to Lennon, but 'the mighty Hitler', Kyrin ?? Sounds like you were worshipping him for a moment there :unsure:

Hitler wasn't a socialist he was a fascist posing as a socialist.

I'm hyper activist, The lion, elephant's nemesis, an emotional strategist, black mamba, I'm venomous, wrathful warrior pacifist, channel Yahweh in Genesis, I'm the gaudiest godliest godless minimal feminist.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2016 07:58 by Silas Mercury.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero