Temple of the Jedi Order treats the safety of minors with the utmost importance and we take our responsibilities to our younger members very seriously.
We define a minor as someone who is under the age of eighteen (18), if you are a minor, please read Section One and Section Three carefully.
If you are parent or guardian of a minor, please read Section Two and Section Three carefully.
Section One - for Minors
1. Upon Joining the Forum
Please contact one (or more) Youth Officers and let them know you have joined the temple. They will give you access to youth section of the forum. After speaking with a Youth Officer please introduce yourself in the youth section of the forum as soon as possible, this is simply so our Youth Officers are aware of you. In some cases we may ask to double check with your parent(s) or guardian(s) that they are aware, and happy, with your membership of the Temple.
Please have in mind that Youth Officers should be the first persons to be contacted if you needed someone to talk to. If the matter is urgent please contact any other Councillor. Any matter is dealt with in strict confidence.
All minors are expected to read the Minor's Agreement and make sure you follow our rules, this is for your own safety as well as that of our guests and members.
We do not allow minors under the age of thirteen (13) to join the Temple. Membership for anyone between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) can be applied for after contacting a Youth Officer and receiving access to the Youth Forum where a shorter application can be filled out, please see the pinned post "Youth Application". If a minor fills out the Jedi Application it will count as being invalid and will be deleted.
The Temple does not record or store the personal information of minors. Minors are welcome to chat with members, contribute on the forums and begin their studies, but will not be allowed to become a legally recognised member of our church, a Temple Member, until they are at least the age of thirteen (13).
We do not allow minors under the age of sixteen (16) to be Apprenticed to a Teaching/Training Master, and we do not allow minors to become Knights. Minors are however free to start the Initiate Programme at any time.
4. Online Safety
We will respect the wishes of your parents or guardians, if they wish to restrict your access then we will oblige them until you are no longer a minor. If a parent or guardian needs to view your online activity then we will, providing they can prove their identity, oblige.
We strongly encourage all minors to view the links below which are great for learning more about online safety:
Section Two - for Guardians/Parents
Your child's safety is important to us. We will do our best to protect them from any potential threat. You, as their guardian or parent can ask us, if you prove your identity, to restrict the website access of your child or request us to show you their online activity.
If you need to contact anyone, please contact our Youth Officers, and if it is urgent, please contact a Councillor.
We also recommend you to read the following pages about online safety:
Section Three - Minor's Agreement
We expect minors on our forum to agree to and follow these basic guidelines on internet safety:
- Do not give out any personal information such as your full name or address or any identifying information (such as school or hometown name) to anyone at Temple of the Jedi Order. This includes your age and date of birth. You will only be asked your name and date of birth by a Youth Officer in order to confirm your age and membership application information, it will not be shared.
- Do not give out any identifying information about friends or family.
- Do not download anything from anyone you don't know. In addition to offensive content, spam or junk e-mail may contain viruses that can damage your computer.
- You will report any suspicious, threatening or inappropriate behaviour and you will not respond to it further. You will report such behaviour to a Youth Officer or Councillor immediately. You should report anyone persistently asking for any personal information or making you feel threatened or unsafe.
- When first contacting a Youth Officer, please tell them “Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is - Yoda” to ensure you have read the agreement.
- You will never meet with someone you met at TOTJO in the real world without the express permission of your parent or guardian.
- You will always be respectful to other members of the forum.